Answers to Life's Questions
We Need Answers
1. Where did I come from?
2. Why am I here?
3. Who am I?
4. Where am I going?
5. Why do bad things happen?
The Purpose Driven Life
1. It All Starts with God
• What am I here on earth for?
• A life devoted to things is a dead, a stump, a God shaped life is a flourishing tree Proverbs 11:28 (MSG)
• It’s not about you
• Begin with GOD!
• Focusing on yourselves will never reveal our life’s purpose
• You were made by God and for God and until you understand that life will never make sense
• The World’s ways or philosophy will leave you empty
• 3 World Views (Spirituality, Secular Humanism or Religion)
2. You Were Not an Accident
• Long before you were conceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God
• God determined the natural talents you would possess
• God’s purpose took into account human error, and even sin
• God never does anything accidentally, and he never makes mistakes
3 What Drives Your Life?
• What’s the driving force in your life?
-Many people are driven by guilt
-Driven by resentment and anger
-Driven by materialism
-Driven by the need for approval
• Benefits of a Purpose-Driven Living
-Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life
-Knowing your purpose simplifies your life
-Knowing your purpose focuses your life
-Knowing your purpose prepares you for eternity
• Two critical questions. What is the purpose of your life? and What is the plan of your life?
4. Made to Last Forever
• This life is not all there is
• This life is the preparation for the next
• “God has…. planted eternity in the human heart”
• Tent verses House
• While life on earth offers many choices, eternity offers only to: Heaven or hell
• Two kinds of people (Those that believe and those that do not believe)
• The closer you live to God, the smaller everything else appears….when you live in light of eternity, your
• Every act of our lives strikes a chord that will vibrate in eternity.
• What if today was the last day of your life?
5. Seeing Life from God’s View
• What is your life? James 4:14b (NIV)
• How do you see your life?
• The way you see your life shapes your life
• Your perspective will influence…..
• Life metaphor
• God’s view of life:
-Life is a test: Character is both developed and revealed by test, and all of life is a test
-Life is a trust: The more God gives you, the more responsible he expects you to be
• Life is a temporary assignment
6. Life is a Temporary Assignment
• Life is a Temporary Assignment
• I am here on earth for just a little while Psalm 119:19 (TEV)
• The best use of your life …never forget two truths
• Your identity is in eternity, and your homeland is heaven
• We are preparing for something even better
• Never focus on temporary crowns
• At death you won’t leave home-you’ll go home
7. The Reason for Everything
• The Lord has made everything for his own purposes. Proverbs 16:4 (NLT)
• It’s all for Him!
• The ultimate goal of the universe is to show the glory of God.
• The reason things exist
• What is the glory of God?
• Where is the glory of God?
• Living for God’s glory is the greatest achievement we can accomplish with our lives.
• God’s glory is best seen in Jesus Christ!
• HOW CAN I BRING GLORY TO GOD?
-by worshiping him
-by loving other believers
-by becoming like Christ
-by serving others with our gifts
-by telling others about him
• What will you live for?
8. Planned for God’s Pleasure
• You created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created. Revelation 4:11 (NLT)
Jesus is the answer!
“THE WAY, THE TRUTH, THE LIFE”
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life;
no one comes to the Father, but through Me.’”
I. Jesus said, “I AM THE WAY .”
a. The Way: “A road, path or journey.”
b. Proverbs 14:12 “There is a way which seems right to a man,
but its end is the way of death.”
c. Jesus provide the way or bridge for us to reconcile ourselves to God
II. Jesus said, “I AM THE TRUTH .”
a. Truth is the scarcest commodity in the whole world. Truth
is neither an abstract system of integrated propositions, nor is
it an impersonal ethic contained in many rules. It is both the
reality and the ethic expressed in a Person. Truth is a Person.
b. “It means that Jesus is Fidelity incarnate, that we can
completely, unhesitatingly rely on Him without reservation.”
c. John 18:37-38 “Pilate therefore said to Him, ‘So You are a
king?’ Jesus answered, ‘You say correctly that I am a king.
For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the
world, to bear witness to the truth. Every one who is of the
truth hears My voice.’ Pilate said to Him, ‘What is truth?’”
III. Jesus said, “I AM THE LIFE .”
a. Life: “The principle of spiritual vitality. It originates with
God and flows through Christ.”
b. Jesus says he is the living water that quenches our spiritual thirst
c. Jesus says he is the bread of life that satisfies our spiritual hunger
d. Through conception and birth we were all given life. The Bible teaches that God
created all living life. It also teaches that their are two births. The first birth,
when we were born into our human families and the second birth (born-again)
when we receive Jesus as our savior and are born into God's family.
IV. Jesus said, “NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER, BUT THROUGH ME.”
a. Acts 4:12 “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is
no other name under heaven that has been given among men,
by which we must be saved.”
b. Jesus claimed and proved to be equal with God
c. Jesus is described as God incarnate. Jesus said if you have seen
me you have seen God. Jesus was charged and crucified for claiming
to be God. The big Question than is: 1. Is Jesus a Liar? 2. Is Jesus a
Lunatic? or 3. Is Jesus the Lord? The physical evidence is overwhelming
that Jesus is who he claimed and proved to be, "The Lord God"
V. THE ANSWER FOR ME TODAY.
a. John 14:6 Is The Answer To Being Spiritually Lost.
b. In A Day Of Endless Questions Without Answers, Jesus
Offers Truth. Jesus Is Truth.
c. Jesus Is The Life. (Hebrews 10:20; Deuteronomy 30:19) Many people are not
really living but existing for the sake of existing. Jesus offers us real, peace,
hope, love, joy, purpose happiness, fulfillment, freedom, power and forgiveness.
Jesus alone is the Way, the Truth, the Life. Without the Way, there is no going.
Without the Truth, there is no knowing. Without the Life, there is no living.
The Bible has the answers
1. When in sorrow read 1st Peter 1:3-9
2. When people fail you read Psalm 27
3. When you have sinned read Psalm 51
4. When you worry read Matthew 6:19-34
5. When you are in danger read Psalm 91
6. When you have the blues read Psalm 34
7. When God seems far away read Psalm 139:1-6
8. When you are discouraged read Romans 8:18-27
9. If you are lonely or fearful read Psalm 23
10. If you feel down and out read Romans 8:31-39
11.When you need courage read Ephesian 6:10-20
12. When the world seems bigger than God read Psalm 90
13. When you want rest and peach read Matthew 11:28-30
14. When leaving home for work or travel read Psalm 121:1-5
15. If you get bitter or critical read 1st Corintians 13
16. If thinking of investments and returns read Mark 10:17-31
and Luke 12:13-21
17. For a great opportunity read Matthew 22:34-40