Rev. Joseph Vaillancourt is the founder of the first fully-inclusive discipleship based ministry that empowers Christians with disabilities to live out their ministry goals within the Christian and larger communities. Over the last 5 years, the enABLE Ministry has been helping local churches, families, and persons with disabilities to develop personal discipleship plans.
Joseph has a bachelor of theology from Master’s College and Seminary, a Developmental Services Worker Diploma from Centennial College, training in Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Autism, Down Syndrome, Applied Brain Injury and Applied Behavioral Analysis. He has also been trained by the Western Ontario District of the PAOC to be a life coach.
Joseph has been working with organizations like Community Living, Christian Horizons, Family & Children Services, York Catholic District School Board and been contracted to the Toronto District School Board. Additionally, Joseph has consulted foster homes, churches and was a Multi-faith Chaplain for the Para-Pan American Games. Leading up to the Pan-American Games, Joseph served the ministry of More Than Gold as an advocate for inclusion and on the inclusion committee of More Than Gold where he helped to organize and train Christians with disabilities to be games pastors, serve in hospitality, and as evangelists during the games. Currently, Joseph is extending his ministry into Ottawa and the Upper Ottawa Valley.
The enABLE Ministry is known for its resources and the tools developed by Rev. Joseph Vaillancourt that compliment the local churches existing mission and ministries. These ministries can be accessed by contacting Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 613-735-6111.
Seminars and training topics include:
1. Who Am I? An explanation of where our view disabilities actually come from.
2. Autism: Empowering the Image of GOD.
3. Celebrating Weakness.
4. Building Inclusive Communities: how the church can fulfill the ancient promises of God towards the differently-abled.
5. The Personal Discipleship Plan: discovering and building your Kingdom Role.
6. The Bible Disabilities & Your Church.
7. Friendship the Divine Strategy for Social Justice.
Current Ministries Include:
1. enABLE GTA: Under the leadership of John Ward (Office: 647-764-4929). This gathering meets once a month at various locations in Toronto. For more information contact Ministry Leader John Ward. This ministry also provides opportunities for community in senior’s homes.
2. enABLE Ottawa & The Upper Ottawa Valley: This is a new ministry currently under construction and the direct leadership of Rev. Joseph Vaillancourt. Currently, this ministry supports 20 adults with disabilities within the community. If you are looking for support for yourself or a member of your family contact Rev. Joseph Vaillancourt at 613-735-6111 or by email at email@example.com.