1. 650 million people worldwide have a diagnosed disability.
2. There are 14.4 million disabled Canadians- 14:3% Ontario has 1.85 million disabled people- 15.5% What percentage of your congregation has disabilities. Does your church reflect this diversity?
3 Three million people in the Canada suffer from depression, 16.5 million Americans- 1 in13 adults and over 154 million worldwide.
4. 8 in 10 seniors live with a disability.
5. Survey results confirm that the disability rate gradually increases with age. From 3.3% among children aged 0 to 14, it rises to nearly 10% among adults aged 15 to 64 and climbs to more than 40% among persons aged 65 and over. In fact, more than half (53.3%) of persons 75 and over report having a disability
6. 1 in 10 Canadians have a learning disability. 3 million.
7. 1 in 7 Ontarians have a disability
8. 70% of our population suffer from Pain related disabilities
9. Close to 50% of all students identified as “exceptional” in the Province of Ontario come from the “learning disabled” category
10. Among children aged 0 to 14, the most widespread disability is that related to a chronic health condition such as asthma
11. The World Bank estimates that 20 per cent of the world's poorest people have some kind of disability, and tend to be regarded in
their own communities as the most disadvantaged.
12. 95% of people with visible disabilities do not attend church on a regular basis